Call for Abstracts
Call for abstracts now closed
The Program Committee invites authors to submit abstracts for presentation within the program of ISB 2017. Submissions are sought for oral and poster presentations and can be made via the Abstract Submission Portal.
All abstracts must follow the abstract template and be submitted online by 20 January 2017. Please note that the closing date for abstract submissions will not be extended.Click here to download the abstract template
Submitting your abstract
You can access the online submission form using the 'Submit Abstract' button above. You will need to set up a new user account and create a log in and password, before you can submit your abstract. You will be able to use that log in and password to re-enter the submission portal to make edits to your draft abstract up until the submission deadline.
You will be required to submit your contact details and details of your abstract (Abstract Title, Authors, Topic, etc.). At the end of this form you should upload your abstract as a document file.
After submitting your abstract, you will receive a confirmation of abstract submission email from the ISB 2017 Conference Secretariat.
Please ensure that all the required information is completed as requested. If you experience any problems during the online submission process, please contact the ISB 2017 Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on + 61 7 32551002.
All accepted abstracts will be made available to Congress delegates. Authors are responsible for proof reading and submitting an abstract or poster without errors, as they will be reproduced in the format they were submitted. The corresponding author is responsible for the abstract content. This author is the contact person for submission or communication purposes and is also responsible for disseminating information related to the co-authors.
All enquiries regarding abstract submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
Dates and Deadlines
|Call for Abstracts open||1 November 2016|
|Call for Abstracts close||20 January 2017|
|Notification to Authors||28 February 2017|
Abstract Submission Details
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be accepted
- Abstracts should be original work and not published or presented elsewhere before the Congress
- A listed co-author other than the corresponding author may register and present at the Congress
- Abstracts should be on the template provided on this page. Failure to follow the template provided will result in the abstracts being automatically returned.
- Abstracts are limited to one single x A4 page x two columns including words, tables, graphs and images.
- Font style times new roman, 10pt.
- Margins set at 1.5cm.
- Unusual abbreviations must be spelled out on first use
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar
- Abstracts are to be submitted in Microsoft Word format only
- An abstract must only be submitted once
- Abstracts can be submitted free of charge
- Once accepted all presenters must register and pay to attend the Congress.
Abstracts may be submitted as oral or poster presentations. Please note if an overwhelming number of oral presentation submissions are received, the Program Committee reserves the right to offer poster presentations for some of these abstracts.
Scientific abstracts and clinical case reports will be competitively reviewed and presented as follows:
- Scientific abstracts may be selected for oral or poster presentation.
- Clinical case reports will be presented in poster format and will not be published.
Abstracts that will be considered include;
- Original work that has never been presented.
- Abstracts submitted to other scientific meetings in the last 12 months.
- Abstracts submitted to local/regional meetings in any calendar year.
- Abstracts describing work that has been submitted as a manuscript or accepted as a manuscript for publication at the time of submission, but not yet published in a print edition of a journal may be submitted.
- Small case series should only be submitted as clinical case reports. They will be rejected if submitted as scientific abstract.
Terms and Conditions
The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in the Congress:
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the abstract to the Congress
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one abstract accepted, each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the abstract selected for the specific session
- At least one author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program. The authors will immediately notify the Congress Secretariat if they are unable to present an abstract or if the presenting author is changed. The organisers reserve the right to remove a presentation from the program
Review of Submissions
All submissions will be sent for peer review by a panel of experts. Each abstract will be reviewed and scored by reviewers. The scores will be submitted to the Program Committee, which will determine which abstracts are accepted and best suited for oral abstract presentation sessions or poster discussion sessions.
Notification to Authors
- Corresponding authors will be notified of acceptance by 28 February 2017. All accepted abstracts/posters must be presented by at least one author
- Abstracts/posters are submitted to an allocated session, it is not possible to change the date, time or type of presentation
- Presenters must register by 17 March 2017.
Until ISB 2017!
- Call for abstracts Open
1 November 2016
- Registration Open
1 November 2016
- EOIs - Thematic Sessions & Workshops Opens
14 November 2016
- EOIs - Thematic Sessions & Workshops Closes
30 December 2016
- Notification of acceptance - Thematic Sessions & Workshops
7 January 2017
- Call for abstracts close
20 January 2017
- Notification to Authors
28 February 2017
- Early Bird Registration Closes
17 March 2017